Marketing Communication (Master's)
Cultivate and enhance your communication skills in the MA in Communication Management program, designed and delivered for early to mid-career communication professionals looking to advance in their field. Learn to navigate internal and external communication challenges by blending traditional and digital communication methods. You’ll be prepared to influence constituents through persuasive communication, implement organizational change, manage crises, and cultivate a reputation for creative leadership.
You’ll learn to:
- Design, manage, and measure persuasive, integrated, omni-channel marketing communication campaigns
- Assess the current scope and predict future trends in traditional, social, mobile, email, and search marketing
- Measure marketing communication efforts and create plans to adjust future campaigns based on results
- Create strategies to elevate an organization’s or client’s marketing and branding efforts
MA in Communication Management with a concentration in Marketing Communication requires completion of 48 credit hours (12 courses)Core courses - 20 qtr. hrs
Core courses help students to understand the scope of activity, historical development, future direction and trends, and typical types and roles of organizations that operate within a career field. The Capstone course is the culminating academic endeavor of our degree programs, in which students explore a problem or issue within their field of study.
- COMM 4020 - Communication in Professions and Organizations
- COMM 4045 - Applied Critical Thinking in Communication
- COMM 4050 - Communication and Society: Theories and Applications
- COMM 4905 - Graduate Social Research Methods
- COMM 4901 - COMM Capstone Project
- COMM 4902 - Capstone Seminar
- COMM 4904 - Interdisciplinary Capstone Seminar
- COMM 4920 - Portfolio Seminar
Concentration courses allow students to focus on a specific professional area within the larger industry sector in which they are working or wish to work, and master the skills needed to excel in that area.
- COMM 4140 - Marketing Strategy and Process
- COMM 4301 - Branding & Market Positioning
- COMM 4321 - Digital Marketing Communication
- COMM 4324 - Web Analytics
Elective courses allow students to customize their degrees to match their career needs by either choosing in-depth study in their concentration by selecting three of the following courses, or exploring other options by using our Degree Builder tool.
- COMM 4002 - Effective Facilitation and Presentation
- COMM 4006 - Communicating Effectively in Groups and Teams
- COMM 4016 - Persuasion Methods & Techniques
- COMM 4035 - Intercultural Communication
- COMM 4144 - Public Relations Principles and Process
- COMM 4145 - Public Relations Writing and Tactics
- COMM 4150 - Dimensions of Reputation Management
- COMM 4155 - PR/Marketing Research and Measurement
- COMM 4222 - Negotiation Principles and Practice
- COMM 4318 - Mobile Marketing
- COMM 4320 - Integrating Social Media
- COMM 4323 - Email Marketing
- COMM 4326 - Digital Campaign Management
- COMM 4327 - Writing for Digital Media
- COMM 4701 - Special Topics in COMM
Design Your Custom Plan
Start Customizing Your Degree
View the tutorial or start building your plan now.Design Your Custom Plan!
Careers in Marketing Communication
Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Specialist, SEO Strategist, Communications Director, Web Analyst, Director of Marketing and Communications
Designing and deploying marketing campaigns; producing content; analyzing metrics and data; negotiating contracts; selecting appropriate tactics and strategies for campaigns; communicating with internal and external stakeholders; developing strategic marketing plans.
As a graduate of the MA in Communication Management program, you can expect to excel in the communication field whether working for a private business, non-profit organization, government agency, or consulting firm. Positions such as Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Director of Communications, Digital Marketing Specialist, Web Analyst, and SEO Strategist will suit your newfound skillset.
Careers in Communication Management
Top communicators get the top rankings! Public relations specialists, marketing researchers, art directors, and marketing managers all placed among the top 100 best careers in a 2013 ranking by U.S. News & World Report. And although communication, public relations, and media jobs tend to be in larger, metropolitan areas, there is a trend that clearly shows a dispersal of job openings across the nation. Whether you're looking to enter creative services, mediation, media, training and development, or another communication field, the key is to prove ingenuity, resilience, and communication savvy.
Stay ahead of the curve!
New media, new technology, and new global opportunities are all the rage within the communication industry, as employers seek industrious professionals who have innovative skills and can bring something new and dynamic to the table. By next year, total marketing spend will have shifted drastically: interactive online marketing will reach $55 billion and search marketing will grow 15% per year to reach $32 billion. Those with an innate ability to generate creative solutions, think innovatively, and market themselves will likely excel within the organizational and professional communication field.
Ready to Apply
It's time to gather your materials and apply to your program of choice. Remember to include:
How to Apply
Need More Information
Interested in attending University College, but need additional information before you make a decision? No problem−we're here to help. You may request additional information about a specific program and specialty, review and ask questions in our Frequently Asked Questions section, or contact University College directly.
- Request additional information
- Ask a question
- Email University College or call 303-871-2291 or 800-347-2042
Want to Take a Class
Even if you missed the application deadline, you can start taking courses for one quarter before you have to submit a completed application. We know how important it is to get started when you're ready, so review the class schedule or start the registration process now.