COMM 4324 - Web Analytics
Web analytics is the collection, analysis, and reporting of digital traffic in order to measure and optimize internet marketing programs. The practice of web analytics includes tools for measuring website traffic, conducting business/market research, estimating usage patterns for digital campaigns, and providing insights into visitor behavior.
The focus of this class is on developing a performance measurement system for the digital channel, incorporating both on-site and off-site analytics. Key performance indicators will be tied to internet marketing goals and tactical campaigns, Students will conduct a review of online metrics, compare analytics vendors, and develop a performance tracking system and a management dashboard report.
Summer 2015 - Combined/Hybrid Methodologies (CRN - 1803)
- CRN: 1803
- Instructor: Harben, Victoria
- Credits: 4
- Date/Time: W - 06/10 - 08/13, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Delivery: ON CAMPUS / ONLINE
- Location: STURM HALL 424 / ONLINE
NOTE: This course is being run in an alternative format.
1) Web Analytics 2.0. Kaushik, Avinash. Wiley Publishing, 2010. ISBN: 9780470529393.
2) *Available electronically through DU Libraries* Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics. 3rd ed. Clifton, Brian. Sybex, 2012. ISBN: 9781118168448.
Combined/Hybrid Methodologies Schedule
June 10: on campus
Week of June 17: online
June 24: on campus
Week of July 1: online
July 8: on campus
Week of July 15: online
July 22: on campus
Week of July 29: online
Week of August 5: online
August 12: on campus
Please check Canvas one week before class begins for any pre-class assignments; https://canvas.du.edu
If you wish to buy your books via the DU bookstore, please check their online site at "the DU Bookstore" to make sure your books are in stock before coming to campus or ordering online.