COMM 4324 - Web Analytics
Web analytics is the collection, analysis, and reporting of digital traffic in order to measure and optimize internet marketing programs. The practice of web analytics includes tools for measuring website traffic, conducting business/market research, estimating usage patterns for digital campaigns, and providing insights into visitor behavior.
The focus of this class is on developing a performance measurement system for the digital channel, incorporating both on-site and off-site analytics. Key performance indicators will be tied to internet marketing goals and tactical campaigns, Students will conduct a review of online metrics, compare analytics vendors, and develop a performance tracking system and a management dashboard report.
Summer 2013 - Online/Distance (CRN - 1538)
- CRN: 1538
- Instructor: Harben, Victoria
- Credits: 4
- Delivery: Online/Distance
- Location: ONLINE
Required Textbooks:Web Analytics 2.0 Kaushik, Avinash. Wiley Publishing, 2010. ISBN: 9780470529393.
Pre-Class Assignments:1. Read over the syllabus.
2. Read “Web Analytics Demystified” by Avinash Kaushik at http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/web-analytics-demystified/.
3. Submit your 87#, email address, and name to to email@example.com with subject line: CamtasiaRelay Request. Familiarize yourself with this tech tool at: https://portfolio.du.edu/pc/communityport?uid=19826. Once you receive communication about your new account, log in and download the program.
4. Watch the instructor welcome videoin ecollege, then create your own one minue intro using whatever media you'd like.
Please check eCollege one week before class begins for any pre-class assignments; www.ucolonline.com
If you wish to buy your books via the DU bookstore, please check their online site at "the DU Bookstore" to make sure your books are in stock before coming to campus or ordering online.