Your time is valuable and we want to help you decide which credential you need to advance in your career and get a return on your investment. Review your options and choose the right credential for your needs.
Why a Certificate is Valuable
A more immediate return on your investment
Potential for higher pay and added job security
Build a more robust network of professionals
Specialized Graduate Certificate
Quickly gain a new credential and dig into a subject area that can help you advance in your career.
- Want to switch careers and enter a new field
- Need to brush up your skills in a specific area
- Want to eventually pursue a master's degree, but want a certificate first
- Need a graduate credential for promotion, a salary raise, or advancement
"The program was straightforward, focused, and challenging. It has prepared me for continuing on to my master's degree."
A certificate is more than a line on your resume, it's a whole new set of advanced skills in a chosen field.
- Have completed the four-course certificate and want to continue on
- Plan to pursue a master's degree, but want a certificate first
- Want deeper skills and knowledge in a subject area
- Need specific skills and knowledge for career advancement
"This program marked the start of a career change for me and I am glad that the certificate is helping me achieve the educational goals that will be necessary for me to get to that step."
How Does a Graduate Certificate Compare to a Master's?
If you're looking to continue your education and quickly develop new skills, earning a graduate certificate may be ideal for your career goals. If you want to dig deeper into a subject area and cultivate your leadership skills, a master's degree could be right for you.
Knowledge is power, and with a career-focused master's degree you can increase your earning power and potential.
- Want to advance your career with a specialty skillset and leadership abilities
- Have completed a graduate certificate and want to continue your education
- Need a graduate degree for promotion, a salary raise, or advancement
- Want to switch careers and get up-to-speed on a new area
"My DU education, even while still being in school, put me ahead of other candidates and landed me a full-time job. Two years later, I am making 45% more than I did at my last job."
Can I Apply Graduate Certificate Credits toward a Master's?
Yes! Credits successfully earned can be applied to a master's degree in the same subject area.