Access personal records, make payments, and see your schedule.

Get into your courses through our learning management system.

Access your university emails.

More resources you may be looking for:

Tuition and Aid

University College is dedicated to offering access to high-quality education for busy adults and offers one of the best educational values for working professionals in the United States. Tuition is significantly discounted from traditional programs at the University of Denver, a not-for-profit institution. Let’s work together to make earning a credential financially possible for you.

At a Glance

2024-2025 Academic Year Tuition

Program Courses Cost per Course Tuition
Master’s 12 $3,336
Graduate Certificate 6 $3,336 $20,016
Specialized Certificate 4 $3,336 $13,344
Undergraduate Certificate 4 $3,124 $12,496
Bachelor’s $3,124
Non-Degree Bachelor’s Course $3,124 $3,124
Non-degree Master’s/Certificate Course $3,336 $3,336

Master’s and certificate cost per credit hour is $834.
Bachelor’s cost per credit hour is $781. Nearly 100% of bachelor’s completion students receive a scholarship—contact us to learn how to save thousands of dollars on completing your degree!

Additional Fees

Tuition Deferral: $45 per quarter (non-refundable)
Technology Fee: $4/credit hour for each class taken for credit*
GIS Lab Fee: $50/class (online and on campus)*
IDT Lab Fee: $75/class (online and on campus)**
*Applies to all classes
**Applies to classes as indicated in course listings

Health Insurance


University College students in a credit program and who take campus classes may purchase health insurance through the University of Denver.

International Students

International students on an F1 student visa must show proof of insurance or purchase a health insurance plan through the University of Denver.

Differential Tuition Information
The University of Denver continuously seeks out ways to address affordability and create a collaborative environment that encourages interdisciplinary exploration. In the spirit of this effort, the University of Denver has a differential tuition model for graduate students, meaning your University College tuition rate may stay with you throughout the University of Denver for select, participating programs. Please note if you choose to take all of your coursework through University College, the differential tuition model does not affect you. University College welcomes students from all University of Denver programs. Please note, the tuition rate for non-University College students is based on the tuition for your primary program. All students should work with their college or academic advisor to ensure coursework meets curriculum requirements.

Federal Financial Aid

Students accepted to a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or 6-course graduate certificate program may be eligible to borrow federal student loans while enrolled at the University of Denver’s University College (please note 4-course specialized graduate certificates and 4-course undergraduate certificates are not eligible for federal student loans). We encourage you to fill out your FAFSA concurrent with your application for admission. Follow these steps to apply for financial aid:

Steps to Apply

  1. Apply for admission to University College
  2. Apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID if you don’t have one already. You’ll need an FSA ID to sign your FAFSA and complete loan documents
  3. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Federal Student Aid ID5


More Detailed Steps
  1. The University of Denver school code is 001371
  2. For a fast and easy way to complete your FAFSA application, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
  3. View your award letter on MyDU
  4. Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note on www.studentloans.gov (login using your FSA ID).
  5. Admission to a degree or certificate program and enrollment in the required number of credit hours (4 credit hours for graduate programs; 6 quarter hours for undergraduate programs) are necessary in order to receive federal financial aid

Pell Eligibility

Pell grants are available only for a first bachelor’s degree for undergraduate students. Pell amounts vary based on a student’s eligibility level as determined by the FAFSA filing and based on enrollment levels including full academic year or other enrollment pattern and including differing amounts for less-than-half, half-time, three-quarters, and full-time enrollment in any term.

More information for undergraduate students, including Quick Links and FAQs. More information for graduate students, including Quick Links and FAQs. Have questions? Visit the Office of Financial Aid or University College Student Services at ucolsupport@du.edu or 303-871-2291.


University College is proud to offer scholarships for new and continuing students based on academic merit, financial need, and other criteria. Scholarship applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and are considered individually for scholarship eligibility. All students who are admitted to a University College master’s degree program are eligible for consideration.

New Student Graduate Scholarship

University College is expanding our scholarship programs and offering a New Student Graduate Scholarship, a one-time scholarship available to all newly admitted master’s degree and certificate students. This opportunity is available only for the Fall 2024 Quarter.

Graduate Impact Scholarship

The University College Graduate Impact Scholarship is designed to benefit highly motivated and engaged adult learners who value education as a way to improve lives and communities both locally and globally. The scholarship is available to admitted University College master’s degree students to help offset some of the expenses of earning a graduate degree. Academic merit and financial need are elements considered in the selection process.

Preference consideration will be given to:

  • Underrepresented populations
  • First-generation students
  • Students employed in the non-profit sector or highly engaged in giving to the community

Download the Graduate Impact Scholarship Application/Instructions (MS Word Document)

Download the Graduate Impact Scholarship Application/Instructions (PDF)

Scholarship Deadlines

Enrollment Term
Application Deadline
Fall 2024 July 26, 2024
Winter 2025 November 22, 2024
Spring 2025 February 14, 2025
Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership – Segal AmeriCorps Education Award (AmeriCorps & Vista Service)

The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is a matching scholarship awarded to AmeriCorps alumni each academic year. The scholarship is available to two admitted Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership students. Academic merit and financial need are elements considered in the selection process.

Eligible recipients must:

  • Be admitted to the Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership
  • Show proof of AmeriCorps service and eligibility

Download the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award/Instructions

Scholarship Deadlines

Enrollment Term
Application Deadline
Fall 2024 July 26, 2024
Winter 2025 November 22, 2024
Spring 2025 February 14, 2025


University College is proud to offer both institutional and donor-funded scholarships for new and continuing students based on academic merit, financial need, and other criteria. Scholarship applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and are considered individually for eligibility. All students who apply for admission to the University College Bachelor of Arts Completion Program are eligible for consideration.

We know that financing your college education can be a challenge, and we’re here to guide you through the process so you can focus on getting the most from your experience at the University of Denver. To apply for any University College scholarship, Bachelor of Arts Completion Program students are encouraged to fill out the BACP Common Scholarship application in addition to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

BACP Completion Scholarship

Nearly 100% of bachelor’s completion students receive a scholarship—contact us to learn how to save thousands of dollars on completing your degree!

The Completion Scholarship is a partial tuition scholarship that helps students offset some of the expense of a college education. The scholarship covers tuition only (not fees, books, or materials) and will be applied after other funding such as tuition reimbursement.  The scholarship does not cover repeated courses. The Completion Scholarship will follow students through graduation. No scholarship application required.

College Opportunity Fund (COF)

The College Opportunity Fund (COF) program provides a stipend for new and continuing in-state undergraduate students attending college in Colorado. COF is only available to eligible Colorado residents. In addition, eligible residents must be Pell eligible in order to receive COF funds. The award amount is $34.67 per quarter hour (subject to change based on academic year). Eligible students need to authorize the College Opportunity Fund stipend every quarter (unless lifetime authorization is selected).

College Opportunity Fund application online

BACP Upsilon Delta Scholarship

University College is part of Alpha Sigma Lambda, a 60+ year national honor society that aims to recognize the achievements of adults who accomplish academic excellence while facing competing interests of home and work. Join the University College chapter, Upsilon Delta, and improve your website, earn recognition of your achievements, and connect with other chapter members around the United States. No dues required.

  • To become a member of Upsilon Delta you will need 45 credit hours of University College classes
  • Have and maintain a GPA of 3.75
  • Contact the University College Student Support at 303-871-2291 to learn more about applying for this scholarship


Scholarship Deadlines

Enrollment Term Application Deadline
Fall 2024 July 26, 2024
Winter 2025 November 22, 2024
Spring 2025 February 14, 2025

Military/Veteran Services

First and foremost, thank you for your service! At University College, we truly appreciate the sacrifices made by those who are currently serving and have served. Here we have gathered the resources that will be helpful to you in applying your military and veteran benefits to achieving your academic and professional goals.

The University of Denver’s degree programs are approved by the Colorado State Approving Agency. Active military and veterans planning to enroll at University College are encouraged to determine benefit entitlement and eligibility by calling 1-888-GIBILL1. Then reach out to the University of Denver military and veteran support team to learn more about utilizing your military educational benefits.

The DU Veterans Services5

Veteran education benefits and resources are outlined below:

1. University of Denver Military Services: Applying for Military and VA Benefits at the University of Denver

  • The Military Program Certifications Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar can assist you with using your Veterans Administration (VA) benefits and military education benefits. Visit the Registrar’s website for more information on next steps, Post 9-11 GI Bill (chapter 33), Transfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents, and other important information.
  • Military Programs Coordinator
    Processes military benefits with the VA; the best point of contact for questions regarding benefits and tuition.
    Email: vacertify@du.edu
    Phone: 303-871-4878

2. University of Denver Veterans Services Office

The University of Denver Veterans Services Office serves our military and veteran students with any military- or veteran-related issues, concerns, or questions. Visit the Veterans Services website for information about our veteran community, services offered, campus events, and helpful links for applicants and new students.

Learn about the GI Bill 5

3. Military Transcripts

All military transcripts (except Community College of the Air Force) are now requested through Joint Services Transcript. Documented military courses may be eligible for transfer credit consideration.

Veteran Scholarships and Resources

Aid for Military Families
Colorado Military Veterans Benefit
Colorado Dept. Veterans Affairs
Debt Help for Veterans
Denver Vet Center
Fisher House
Mental Health / Advocates
Military One Source
North American Van Lines Logistic Scholarship
Pat Tillman Foundation
United States Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Eastern Colorado Healthcare System
VA Home Loans

Did You Know?

In addition to serving University of Denver’s non-traditional students, University College also has the largest population of active military and veteran students.

Payment Options

We know how important it is to have a clear and straightforward process to pay your tuition. Once you enroll at University College, you will have the following options for payment.
Cash, Check, or Money Order
The University of Denver accepts cash, check, and/or money orders as a form of payment for all charges that appear on student accounts.

Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank, or a bank with a U.S. subsidiary, and must be payable in U.S. currency. Make checks payable to the University of Denver and include your student ID number on the check.

Checks can be mailed to:

University of Denver
University College
2211 South Josephine Street
Denver, CO 80208-8301

Employer Reimbursement Tuition Deferral

If you are reimbursed by your employer, you are eligible to defer the reimbursed portion of your tuition each quarter.

You must provide the “Employer Reimbursement Payment Agreement” or a letter from your employer and the top portion of the “Employer Reimbursement Payment Agreement” stating the terms of reimbursement. The University of Denver requires that this documentation is updated each fall. A $45 non-refundable processing fee is charged each quarter.

You are required to pay any tuition and fees which are not reimbursed by the employer. Deferred tuition is due 60 days after the end of each quarter to allow time for students to obtain reimbursement from their employers. University College can provide a letter that states the course title, fees and tuition, and grade received in the classes to facilitate employer reimbursement. The letter must be requested at the time of registration.

Deferred tuition must be paid in full by the due date, regardless of the assigned grade (including incompletes).

Employer Reimbursement Payment Agreement

Direct Billing of Employer

The University of Denver will bill employers who pay University College directly for employee tuition and fees. You must provide a letter or voucher each quarter from your company at the time of registration which authorizes billing and includes the name and address of the person to whom the bill is to be sent.You must also complete the Third Party Payment Agreement which can be found on the Bursar’s website under Forms.

You are responsible for payment of all charges not covered by the third party by the billing due date. If for any reason the third party does not pay the invoiced charges, you are responsible for paying the outstanding balance. Tuition and fees will remain on your account until paid by the employer.

Payment Plan

You may enroll in a flexible tuition payment plan through the University of Denver Bursar’s Office. The payment plan allows participants to spread the tuition and fee expense over two or three payments. There is a nonrefundable enrollment fee of $50 per payment plan. To enroll in a payment plan, sign up through DUPay on MyDU at the time you receive your first bill.

DU Tuition Waiver

The tuition waiver program is designed for benefited employees of the University of Denver, their spouses, and/or their dependent children to enroll in “for-credit” courses at the University of Denver with reduced or no tuition charges. Once students have registered for classes, they should click on the “Student” tab in MyDU. Under MyWeb, Banner Self-Service, under Tuition Waiver Menu, students must select “Tuition Waiver Course Selection” and indicate the academic period for which they would like to assign their tuition waiver. Once the deadline to assign a tuition waiver to a course for the current academic period has passed, students will only have access to future academic periods through this link.

Courses taken with the tuition waiver must be taken for credit. The University of Denver technology fee of $4 per credit hour is not covered by the tuition waiver and must be paid at the time of registration.

For more information, call 303-871-7420 or review the Human Resources website.

Flywire for International Students

The University of Denver has partnered with Flywire to streamline the international payment process for our students. With Flywire, you can pay online, securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency. Review the steps for making a payment on the Bursar’s website.

Additional Informaion

You can make tuition payments and view statements or account details using the DUPay system accessible via MyDU under the “Student” tab. You must sign the University of Denver Financial Agreement form accessible via MyDU annually. If you wish to determine eligibility for deferment of existing student loans, please contact the DU Registrar at 303-871-4033.

Financing Your Education

Admission Support

Admission Team
University College Building
2211 South Josephine Street
Denver, CO 80208


ucolintl@du.edu (International Applicants)